The field of oil and gas exploration and production in which Corinth Pipeworks activities are focused, is emphasizing on ongoing technological developments and use of advanced technologies.
Being up-to date with the latest technical and technological developments, Corinth Pipeworks continuously monitors the following R&D activities:
- Implementation of process optimization techniques combined with extensive internal trial productions, aiming to narrow optimum working range for all variables targeting higher product uniformity.
- Broadening its production range in terms of thickness and grade.
- Advanced monitoring of weld techniques.
- Development of advanced tracking and process control systems.
- Manufacturing of pipes for low temperature applications.
- Manufacturing of pipes for offshore service and high strain applications (e.g.reeling).
- Development of high strength pipes for sour service applications (X65, X 70 heavy gauges).
- Implementation of advanced non-destructive inspection techniques and controls.
- Application of advanced corrosion and mechanical protection systems.
- Incorporation of advanced testing techniques; emphasizing a “one stop shop” philosophy.
- Collaboration with international research organizations and institutes (EPRG, TWI, ELKEME)
- Participation in major European & International projects targeting to the development of both pipe properties and pipeline integrity (JIP, RFCS projects).
- Manufacturing of 25mm heavy-wall linepipe using the high frequency induction (HFI) welding technique, a challenge for a pipe manufacturer, A. S. Tazedakis, N. G. Voudouris, M. Musslewhite, Proceedings of the 8th International Pipeline Conference (IPC 2010), Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Technical challenges of heavy-wall HFW pipe production for BORD GÁIS ÉIREANN pipeline project, P. O’Dwyer, A. S. Tazedakis, P. Boothby, Proceedings of the 8th International Pipeline Conference (IPC 2010), Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Analysis of pipe expansion associated with field hydrostatic testing, S. C. Rapp, D. Dimopoulos, V. Gotsis, W. Lamberth, M.J. Rosenfeld, Proceedings of the 8th International Pipeline Conference (IPC 2010), Calgary, Alberta, Canada